Wednesday, March 28, 2012

System.InvalidOperationException: Connection must be valid and open

Hi.
I am using this function tu execute updates to a MySql database from a sql
string, but I am getting a System.InvalidOperationException: Connection
must be valid and open.
Database queries work fine, but I cant update the source. Am I missing
something?
Thanks, Alejandro.
public static bool updateSource(string sql)
{
MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection(myConnectionString);
MySqlCommand command = new MySqlCommand(sql,conn);
command.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
try
{
command.ExecuteNonQuery();
return true;
}
catch (Exception)
{return false;}
finally
{
conn.Close();
}Hello Alejandro Penate-Diaz,
Exactly what the error message says... You need to have a valid *and* open
connection.
Try adding conn.Open() before the command.ExecuteNonQuery() method.
Matt Berther
http://www.mattberther.com

> Hi.
> I am using this function tu execute updates to a MySql database from a
> sql string, but I am getting a System.InvalidOperationException:
> Connection must be valid and open.
> Database queries work fine, but I cant update the source. Am I missing
> something?
> Thanks, Alejandro.
> public static bool updateSource(string sql)
> {
> MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection(myConnectionString);
> MySqlCommand command = new MySqlCommand(sql,conn);
> command.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
> try
> {
> command.ExecuteNonQuery();
> return true;
> }
> catch (Exception)
> {return false;}
> finally
> {
> conn.Close();
> }
>
Heyy, thanks!! Problem was that I was like copy-paste and didn't realize
that DataAdapter.Fill actualy does that for me but in this case I have to do
it by myself. ;-)
Thanks a lot!
Alejandro.
"Matt Berther" <mberther@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6852859632389121357049404@.news.microsoft.com...
> Hello Alejandro Penate-Diaz,
> Exactly what the error message says... You need to have a valid *and* open
> connection.
> Try adding conn.Open() before the command.ExecuteNonQuery() method.
> --
> Matt Berther
> http://www.mattberther.com
>
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment