Saturday, March 31, 2012

System.ExecutionEngineException problem

I have a stable app developed on ASP.NET 1.1 that I'm porting to 2.0.
However, I've noticed that on one page, if I click a button to perform some
business logic (which runs fine), then click on a hyperlink to move to a
different page, I get a 'System.ExecutionEngineException' exception. There
is no line highlighted in the debugger.
I'm not using interop or other threads.
Event viewer shows:
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A05E2B3)
(80131506)
I also sometimes see:
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2324) stopped unexpectedly.
It fails predictably on the dev web server in VS2005, less regularly on IIS
(although it does still fail).
I've tried to create a simplified program to reproduce the problem - so far
without success. However I did notice that the problem was worsened by some
code returning an array (15-20) of small Dictionary<> objects. I added a
conversion routine to turn them into arrays of structs, and some of the
problems went away. Is this something to do with memory-shortage' My PC has
800mb, with around 80mb free when running the code.
Whats going on? Is this a bug in .NET2, or is there something stupid in my
code? Advice would be welcome!!
XP Pro sp2, .NET 2.0.50727.42, VS2005, SQL2005
Thanks,
JohnI've reported this to Microsoft, and they can reproduce the problem. I'll
post an update when I know more.
John
"John" <jsparrowNOSPAM@.ecclesdeletethiscollege.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:OAQ9HMLPGHA.812@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have a stable app developed on ASP.NET 1.1 that I'm porting to 2.0.
> However, I've noticed that on one page, if I click a button to perform
> some business logic (which runs fine), then click on a hyperlink to move
> to a different page, I get a 'System.ExecutionEngineException' exception.
> There is no line highlighted in the debugger.
Microsoft report the problems stems back to a Dictionary<decimal,double>
instance.
Looks like the CLR can't cope with this for some reason. Be afraid....
John
"John" <jsparrowNOSPAM@.ecclesdeletethiscollege.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:e2h74swPGHA.5296@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

0 comments:

Post a Comment